- We collect your information in different ways Directly from you. For example, if you register for a promotion, create an account, enter a competition or free prize draw, download an app or buy tickets, post a comment on our websites, ask us a question, email us or interact with Instinct Music call centres.
- Through your use of our websites and apps. You may view and use our websites and apps via a computer, phone, tablet or other device. We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons on our websites and apps to collect information about your usage.
- From third parties. For example, if you choose to use an integrated social media feature on our websites or apps, the third-party social media site will give us certain information about you. This could include your name and email address. Your activities on our sites and apps may be posted to the social media platforms.
Information we may hold about you We use the following information for the purposes described in this Policy:
- Your contact and account information. We will hold contact information you provide to us (e.g. name, address, phone number, email, country of residence, preferred language) when you create a Instinct Music account, buy a ticket and/or participate in our competitions or promotions.
- Your payment and billing information. We will hold payment and billing information you provide to us, e.g. credit card number and post code when you buy a ticket, in connection with the handling of your ticket orders. If you’ve asked us to, we may also store payment and billing information to make it easier for you to buy tickets in future.
- Information you post online. For example, we hold information you post on our website or on a third-party social media site to which we have access (including reviews you post or surveys you complete). When you post information online, you must not infringe the rights of others (including privacy rights) and you should be aware that others may use, tag and/or re-publish your information in ways that you might not expect (including in ways that are unlawful). You understand that we and others (including our Event Partners) may use and re-publish any data you post online publicly, on our website or when using apps or social media tools.
- Information on your preferences. We may collect information about events you like or products you buy or enquire about (e.g. as part of a survey or from your review of an event). We may also hold information on interests and demographic categories inferred from your interactions with us in order to provide you a better service and to provide you with more focused information. For example, if you buy tickets to a certain show and lots of people who went to that show also bought tickets for a different concert, we might send you information about that concert.
- Information from other companies. We will hold information (e.g. your interests, purchases and household type) provided to us by other companies. We may also add information to your details which we have obtained from other companies or sources. For example, we may cross check the accuracy of the information we hold with other databases, or we may add demographic information. Much of this data is created using publicly available sources such as the edited electoral register or a publically available postal address list, or is derived from market research such as consumer panel surveys.
- Website usage information. If you use our websites, we may collect information about the browser you’re using and your IP address (this is a number that identifies a specific network device on the internet and is required for your device to communicate with websites). We might look at what site you came from, what you did and didn’t use our site for, or what site you visit when you leave us.
- App(s) usage information. If you use our app(s), we may collect your GPS location or your device’s unique identifier. We might also collect the type of device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running. We might look at, for example, how often you use the app and where you downloaded it. Where you allow us to we may also scan your music library when you download our app(s) so that we may send you information about events you may be interested in in your area.
- Email response information. In relation to emails we send you, we may collect information on how you respond to such emails, for example, the number of times the email is opened or the links in them are clicked.
- Other information about your interactions with us. For example, if you interact with us via a box office, email, telephone or social media (e.g. Facebook).
We may use your information in the following ways and for the following purposes
- To provide you with products, services, account information and support. For example, we might use your information to confirm your registration for an event. If you give us your friend’s information, we will use it to provide services you request from us. Before you give us a friend’s information, please do make sure that you have your friend’s permission to share that information with us.
- To send you communications in connection with your transaction and events you attend. For example, we might send you emails about your account or a ticket purchase or ask you if you would like to review an event you attended. We might also contact you about this Policy or any of our other policies or terms.
- To identify trends and interests. We use your information to get to know what your preferences might be so we can improve our offering to you and so that your experience with us is more relevant and personal. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties, including to analyse customer behaviour.
- To monitor and improve our products, services, and websites. We analyse your information to improve our understanding of you and our customer base in general. We do this so that we can make better decisions about our services, advertising, products and content, based on a more informed picture of how our customers use our current services, and to provide you with a more customised experience.
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour or to protect or enforce legal rights. For example, we may use your information to prevent ticket scalping, misuse of our intellectual property (e.g. our or our Event Partner’s brands), or fraud (including credit card fraud and fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion or at an event) or other crimes.
- For security purposes. We may use your information to protect the security of our company, employees, our customers, third parties and/or our/their property (including any events you may attend and our websites) as permitted by law.
- For market research purposes. We may contact you as part of market research we are carrying out. You may choose not to participate.
- To provide you with tailored advertising and online behavioural advertising. We may work with other companies to show you advertisements we think you may find relevant and useful. This may include advertisements displayed on our own websites or apps, or advertisements from us displayed on other companies’ sites. The advertisements you see may be based on information collected by us or third parties and/or may be based on your activities on our websites or third party sites. The second type of advertising is called ‘online or third party behavioural advertising’.
- As otherwise permitted by law. In limited circumstances, we may also use your information for other purposes where permitted by law.
You have certain choices about how we use your information When you create an account, purchase tickets or download our apps, we may ask for your consent in order to collect, process or use your personal information for specified purposes. If you wish to withdraw any consent you have provided to us for such use of your personal information, please write to us or tell us about your preferences using the methods described in this section. You understand that if you choose not to give us consents, or if you withdraw consents, you may not be able to take advantage of one or more features we offer.
- You can opt out of receiving our newsletters. To stop receiving our newsletters follow the instructions in any newsletter you get from us.
- You can control and opt out of us using tools on your devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notifications by using the settings on your phone. Each push notification has an “unsubscribe” link.
- You can change your marketing preferences with an Event Partner (e.g. opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from an Event Partner) by contacting that Event Partner.
We may share your information with the following third parties
- Our Event Partners. We will share any of your information with our Event Partners so that they can run the event for which tickets have been purchased, analyse customer behaviour, provide a better service and support to customers, and for any other purpose described in our Event Partners’ privacy policies (including marketing). You should read those policies to learn how they treat your information.
- Selected third parties. If you consented to be contacted by email or other means by selected third parties, we may provide your information to the third parties we select, and these third parties may use this information for their marketing or advertising purposes.
- Our third party service providers. We may share your information with third parties so that they can provide services to us (e.g. a mailing house, a courier, a call centre provider, or a market research company), but where we do we will put in place a written agreement protecting your information.
- Third parties who provide goods and services purchased by you. We may share your information with third parties so that they can provide services to us (e.g. a mailing house, a courier, a call centre provider, or a market research company), but where we do we will put in place a written agreement protecting your information.
- Third parties who provide goods and services purchased by you. Your information may also be shared with relevant third parties offering goods and services you have purchased through our website (e.g. ticket insurance or merchandise) so that they can process and fulfil your orders (including by contacting you).
- If we think we have to in order to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or to protect ourselves, Event Partners or third parties. YourWhere permitted by law, we may also share information requested by a government agency or other authorised body or organisation, to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any Event Partner or third party, or in the detection and prevention of fraud (including credit card fraud and fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion or at an event) and other crimes.
- Any successor to all or part of our business. Where permitted by law, we may give a successor your information to use for the purposes set out in this Policy – and we may also give a potential successor this information – but only where we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the security and confidentiality of that information.
Our sites and apps are not intended for children. Our sites and apps are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us information, you can email us. You can also write to us.We use standard security measures. We have security measures in place to protect your information. The standard security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. We may transfer your information to other countries The transfer of your information for use in line with this Policy and Cookies Policy may involve the transfer of your information to other countries (including outside Australasia). The laws of other countries to which your information is transferred may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as the law of your home country. We do, however, put in place appropriate technical and contractual protections for your personal information in accordance with applicable laws. We may link to third party sites or services we don’t control If you click on one of those links, you will be taken to websites we do not control. The transfer of your information for use in line with this Policy and Cookies Policy may involve the transfer of your information to other countries (including outside Australasia). The laws of other countries to which your information is transferred may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as the law of your home country. We do, however, put in place appropriate technical and contractual protections for your personal information in accordance with applicable laws. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, complaints or require a copy of information we hold about you If you have any questions or complaints about this Policy or any privacy concerns, or would like to request copies of the information we hold about you, please email us. Please do not include your credit card number or other financial or sensitive information in your email. What we will do if there is an update to this policy From time to time we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you of any changes to this Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. It will have a different date and version number from the one set out below. Please check our site periodically for updates. Who we are We are Instinct Music and its group companies. You can find out more about us here.